Thursday 14 July 2016

Fivics Titan x2 riser

Gotten around to changing a riser. The new Fivics Titan X2! Here's some info and my thoughts abt it

Design: it's design looks extremely close to GMX and MKX 10. 
The riser design is exactly the same as the previous Titan plus.
The difference: the grip and the little damper at the bottom of the grip.

Titan X2 in its natural habitat
Fixing up the riser with the accessories


























Pluses and minuses
Grip: changed from the glossy low wrist on Titan+ to a mid grip matte finish. The feel is great. I absolutely love the comfort of it. Do try it out for yourself first though, as I have small hands. The mid grip fits my hands just right, like a natural hand-wrist position.
Comparing to the wiawis nano max, it feels smaller. I could never get a proper grip when trying out my friend's bow. Or maybe my hand was wet and couldnt grip properly. The Titan grip is still white though (which is sad). 

The surface:
It has that textured look like it just came out from production and it looks just great. At least it has some feels compared to a painted bow.

Finally, the shooting feel:
To be honest. It feels amazing. Fivics say it's 1315g weight. The old winex is 1250g. But the Titan x2 feels much lighter when drawing and anchoring.

With the winex, it felt like carrying a block of metal. It's chunky, and oomph-ey. Like a drumstick you eat using your hands and take a giant bite into it. 

The x2 itself feels and looks streamlined with less edges and more curves. It feels elegant and poised. Like the perfectly glazed chicken wing that just came out from the grill. (Crap I'm hungry..) Gives the satisfaction and yearning to come back for more. Just like how I can't wait to go back to shooting it again.

It is probably because the balance is toward the front. Which is why the shooting feel is so different. It feels light, but packs a huge punch. After release, it just jumps out so spontaneously.


Hope I can say more, after a few more weeks of shooting

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! so hard to find review of this riser online. Even everyone who owns it love and recommend to me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Erick said, so hard to find further reviews of this riser lol..
    Just picked up a Titan+ (1st version) so I'm super excited to try it.
    I think only the grip has changed, according to your review.

    ReplyDelete